I started running when I was 12 years old. I joined my 6th grade middle school XC team, and the rest, as they say, is history! Every year afterward I ran XC, winning All-Island Champion in 7th and 8th grade (2nd in 6th). In high school it was expected of me to join the XC and Track teams. At the same time, when I was 12 and for almost every weekend until I was 18, I ran 5ks and 10ks on the weekends at the local island races. Eventually I started training on my own, until I was running every day and setting the bar as high as I could for myself. I started running 1/2 marathons and eventually, I ran my first marathon when I was 16. Then I really became addicted!
Click links to view my Marathon Race Recaps!
- The Annual Guam Marathon (2009, 2010, 2011)
- Eugene Marathon (2011)
- Portland Marathon (2011, 2013, 2014- female winner!) *2014 The Oregonian article
- SurfCity Marathon Huntington Beach, CA (2011)
- Honolulu Marathon (2011, 2012)
- Newport Marathon (2014)
Click links to view my Trail Run “Ultras”:
Click links to view my “Fun Runs” race recaps:
- Best Dam Run 10k (2014)
- SHOC 10k (2014)
- Champoeg 30k (2014)
- Goa 1/2 Marathon (Goa, India, 2013)
- Alley Oop 6.7mi (Guam, 2013)
- Virtual Race for the Animals (2014)
No matter what, I am a runner.
Life’s a marathon, not a sprint.